https://youtu.be/I7J3VA-B-GUQuick disclaimer – Most of my posts are product agnostic but today I am focusing on a marketing automation platform that is near and dear to my heart, The AI infused “Watson Marketing Automation Platform”. AI is all the rage and in this post I explore some of the ways AI is being infused into marketing to make practitioners lives easier and enable personalization at scale.
Marketers have long been seeking a single open & connected platform that empowers practitioners to create, manage, measure and optimize campaigns with a 360 view of the customer in real time across all digital channels. Today we are going to explore the AI Infused Watson Marketing Automation Platform which was built by marketing practitioners for marketing practitioners with embedded AI allowing marketers to achieve branding, acquisition, retention and loyalty objectives though one open platform.
Let’s explore 5 key takeaways about Watson Marketing Automation:
- Personalization @ Scale
Let’s face it humans don’t scale – No matter how big your marketing department is or how much budget you have its humanly impossible to scale to thousand and in some cases millions of engagements per day in a personal way. Applying AI & advanced technologies allows for personalization@ scale to achieve your branding, acquisition, retention and loyalty objectives.
3 Core elements to leverage to achieve Personalization@ Scale
- Automation– A World Class Marketing Automation platform is critical (Omnichannel) allowing you to Manage content & audiences, capture, segment, target audiences across channels & match personalized content to next best actions and offers in real time.
- Integration through an open platform architecture supported by UBX connectors link to your favorite apps and data sources allowing you to connect your entire Marketing ecosystem. No single platform has it all there are always data sources or apps that you need or want to work together so having an open architecture is key.
- Embedded AI– Applied AI, Machine Learning + Automation allows for the scale you need to sift through massive amounts of data and derive patterns and insights that make real time personalization a reality. The with Watson design approach brings the most powerful enterprise AI to marketers.
2. Omnichannel Marketing – Beyond email marketing:
Customers don’t engage with you through just one channel they move at the speed of life across channels and marketers need to be agile and ready to consistently engage with customers in their context with the right message at the right time in the right channel. We enable an integrated program approach that brings all of your channels together. Though one platform where you are able to engage customers across:
- Email Marketing
- SMS (two-way SMS and link shortening with tracking included)
- Mobile Push
- Social Audiences/Paid Media – Social is a powerful channel for Brand building/Thought Leadership/ Millennial Targets – seeking Purpose Driven companies. We enable marketers to activate their Social Channels by:
- Securely import Social Audience Data
- Segment/Score/Target /build look alike audiences targeting your highest performing audiences
- Build Social Campaigns and ad units right in the tool that meet the exact social outlet specifications.
- Support major social channels including FB, Instagram, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn with more coming later this year.
3. Easy Content Publishing – Landing Pages & Micro-sites
Marketers are moving to an Agile Marketing model that requires platforms and tools that are as agile as they are. The last thing that Marketers want is to be tied up in a long que with the IT organization when it comes to executing and optimizing fast moving campaigns to reach their marketing objectives.
The With Watson AI Marketing platform provides:
- Embedded WYSIWYG Publishing/Ease of use for rapid publishing of landing pages and micro-sites.
- Rich Media
- Electronic Forms /Lead Capture/registrations
- No IT Department needed
4. AI in Marketing
This is clearly the direction that marketing is heading and this year the advanced marketing organizations are starting to deploy AI in Marketing. Our approach is to embed AI into our marketing platform to combine the best of AI/ Machine Intelligence & Automation.
- Combining AI/Machine learning + Automation is the key to scale and agility.
- We designed our powerful marketing tools around the practitioner and embedded AI to make life easier and get results faster.
- Our AI Marketing Assistant is always on 24X7X365 to quickly assist at the click of button through a Nature Language interface or written questions. Your assistant will run reports, give advice, detect anomaly’s and proactively notify you and make recommendations.
- Campaign Performance/Reporting/ Historical comparisons/ Sentiment Analysis/ Tone Analyzer
- Our Ai powered platform provided an always on assistance, Fast access to data to move quickly from insights into action driving marketing results.
As marketers begining your journey of infusing AI and machine learning into your marketing functions take some time to explore the Watson Marketing Automation Platform. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how AI is available today to help make personalization at scale a reality.
Below are a few examples of how Embedded AI capabilities come to life in the Watson Customer Engagement Platform:
The good news is that I am not the only one excited about the AI infused marketing platform offered in Watson Marketing, all of the leading industry analysts are position the platform in their leadership quadrants. In fact IDC recently analyzed all of the leading AI Infused Marketing Cloud providers and Watson Marketing was the only one to be awarded a leadership ranking.
So this is the year to get personal, automate your omnichannel campaigns and leverage AI to give you the ability to personalize at scale. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
5. Open & Connected Marketing Ecosystem
The With Watson design philosophy has always been about being open & connected. We know that marketers have a lot of choices when it comes to Martech and AdTech investments and the average marketer has between 30-90 apps under management. Our approach is to provide an open platform to bring together your favorite solutions into one open integrated platform that enables:
- Ability to seamlessly connect your entire marketing ecosystem
- Ability to control data through publishing & subscribing to apps and data sources to push and pull the data you need when you need it.
- Ability to build a 360-degree view of the customer that empowers personalization
- Ability to enable Realtime marketing for marketing in the moment
- Ability to Bypass costly and time-intensive IT work, accelerating your agility and time to market.
- Ability to truly be an agile marketer.